Matlock garage was acquired from North Western in 1972, when they also gained several services in the area. Further back, North Western purchased both halfs
of the garage individually, but within the same year - 1933. The first half was purchased from Hands Garage,
second from Alfreton Motor Transport Ltd. The section to the right of the photo, continues to
be used by Trent today, although only 5 buses are kept there over night.
During the late 1980's, East Midland out-stationed two buses in there, one of which was Leyland Leopard/Duple Dominant
No 17 (UAU17S). This continued until around 1991, around two years after East Midland were taken over by
Stagecoach. Also, in the early 1990's, Kingsman Travel took over Silver Service of Darley Dale
and rented half of Matlock depot (the section to the left of the photo below) to keep their fleet in,
along with the travel shop. That ended and a tyre company moved into the premises,
and continue using it to this day.
Matlock garage in November 2006.
This sign still remained on the Matlock building in November 2006
garage/depot index page
history index page
trent index page